07 July 2010

RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE MACARONS!


Well, my curiosity finally got the better of me. After seeing that amazing macaron tower (by Adriano Zumbo) on Masterchef this week, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

There are several great patissiers in Perth producing amazing macarons. Notably Choux Cafe in Cottesloe (Emmanuel Mollois) and Jean Pierre Sancho in the city (if you are fast enough to get your hands on some-they sell out fast!). I tasted my first macaron two weeks ago, a pistachio flavoured one and it was heavenly.

Today I had the opportunity to plan and cook a romantic meal for the husband and I, and decided to forgo the usual pudding and try my hand at macarons instead. Admittedly I was rushed, and my piping skills need brushing up, but these actually formed a good crust and were soft and chewy on the inside.

For the chocolate ganache I pulled out Willie's Peruvian Black cacao (100% pure cacao) and used a good raspberry jam. The result - pretty good for a first attempt! The recipe is from Epicurious. Any tips from macaron lovers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment